We’d Love to Hear From You.
If you have a question for the ISD team, please email email@example.com
If you would like to request the assistance of Intermountain Search Dogs for a search in your area, please contact the SAR Coordinator, Deputy Thad Schultz via email.
Steps to join the Team –
Because Search and Rescue is such a vital, important, time-consuming and physically taxing activity, we’ve assembled a checklist of requirements for team membership.
Each item on the list needs to be completed in order*. Once you have completed an item, please email Linda to let her know and coordinate the next activity. *only exception is SAR Academy, which occurs once a year in the FALL. You MAY work on other requirements, in order, before attending Academy.
- County application – see Appendix #1 & https://www.spokanecounty.org/FormCenter/Emergency-Management-31/Volunteer-Emergency-Worker-Application-276
- SAR Acadamy – (a pre-requisite but only offered in fall of each year – may advance while waiting)
- Fitness Test
- Attend 4 training sessions without dog
- Dog evaluation – Dog can attend after passing required DOG EVALUATION
- Final step: voted in by team majority; mission ready status ONLY after completing SAR academy